Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Let's just be friends

Yes, it's the worst thing you can hear from someone you like more than friends. But it's good to have a clear picture of what it really means.






This works across both genders, but you do tend to see more pathetic male hangers on than female. It maybe takes a bit of wisdom (or a scarred heart) to see this situation for what it is, and extirpate yourself as soon as possible. And if your buddy can't see it, it's your duty as a friend to open his eyes.

I recall going through a break up the same time as a good friend in college. Whenever one of us caught the other staring off into space, we had a standing agreement to slap the shit out of the other. We both got in a few good shots before we stopped thinking about it, at least in social settings. Crude, but effective.

I guess guys just have a harder time breaking up (aka: giving up the ass). I could speculate about why this is so (no, it's not just the ass), but that would probably devolve into a sexist rant. Well... what are we waiting for?



... Eh, I don't have it in me. I don't really believe the sexist argument anyway. People are just people (be careful who you trust, but you'll never have a trusting relationship unless you take risks -- blah, blah, blah...). But I will impart a bit of a story told to me by a girl I know.


She was going out with some hot guy for obvious reasons, but it took about 30 seconds for her to realize he's a dumbass. She didn't want him to know she was dropping him just for being stupid and having no future, so she waited for him to do one little thing wrong so she could blow up on him and storm out. This took two more dates.

If she were keeping him around to screw, I would understand (it doesn't matter if she did or not, she still was waiting for something, anything, to blow up about). The question is: how is this better than just calling it off? How does going out with someone you can't stand two more times, then blowing up and causing a scene over something you admittedly don't really care about, appear to be the path of least resistance?


Only a woman thinks that way (I'm using "woman" loosely, to include effeminate men and exclude masculine females). If that makes me sexist, so be it. No guy I know would do that.


I wish I had a personal parallel to this subject, but things are actually going well for me. A woman I understood one scintilla would be nice, but you can't have everything.

2 Comments:

At 13/9/07 13:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run. Run away as fast as you can.

 
At 13/9/07 16:30, Blogger RWBB said...

Can't I have just a little bit of peril?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home