Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Bumber - liver pain

JB and I went to Bumbershoot number 37. It was cool, in the overpriced, overcrowded sense. Overall, it was cool just to hang with JB. I saw my cousin's comedy show, which is always hysterical. We took off from that to catch the final song from The Gourds, the (in?)famous cover of Gin and Juice (NSFW).

I wish I could send you there without giving away the song, but alas, the title is right there. Those lyrics are always hilarious. They never get old. Maybe I should study up some ebonics and listen to more rap songs (or more likely, I'll just keep being a dorky white dude).

During the end of song jam, they tossed in a few runs of the chorus from Cheap Trick's Surrender. I was in heaven, despite the lack of a Debbie Gibson cover (hey, you get ferried around by your plastic fantastic older sister for years and not have her music rub off on you).



I'm off to Milwaukee/Chicago tomorrow. I've got another two concerts to go to, and some friends to see. There's the female friend who came out here for the concert, my old roommate, and Garlic (a former co-worker). The concert(s) will be a blast! I can't wait.

I don't know why I felt the need to clarify who Garlic is, considering he's a full quarter of my readership (and he doesn't even go by "garlic" anymore).

And it should be ... interesting ... to hang out with a former interest and her live in bf (not to mention stay there for a couple days). She's adamant that it won't be weird. I actually agree with her, because I can honestly say that I'm not interested in her anymore. Interest!

I have girls out here anyway (you may go ahead and call me TSS, Master Pimp). Well, one who likes me anyway. Ok, one who calls and comes over with little warning, demands sex, and then ignores me for weeks on end. But still! Deep down I know she really loves me.

Haha. But she did call me today. It's always amusing dealing with a teenage girl. You have to keep a positive attitude ... er ... look passed her bullshit. What a trip.

She thinks she's so sly. Like I'm stupid enough to fall for her little gambits. I let her superficially win because I don't really care who "wins" these non-arguments, but I tell her in ways she might not understand yet that I see right through her. Who knows if it makes any difference.

The easiest way to get along with someone is to give them what they want/expect. A teenager wants drama. Not my cup of tea at all, but I have to admit, it's kind of fun. Let's just say, any girl who thinks me calling her a "cunt" is the height of comedy, is a girl I want to hang out with. In a bizarre unhealthy way, we sort of get along, though I'd much rather fritter away my hours with a girl I could play Waste to and mean it (bonus longish Simpsons clip involving Phish).

The sad thing is that I like her anyway. I'm sick. Or maybe just horny. Either way, this is going to end badly. Can you say crash and burn?



So yeah, Michigan lost at home to Appalachian State, a division two team. That's the equivalent of a junior high beating the local highschool team. While I'm sure App. St. was underrated, Michigan was clearly overrated, as usual (formerly ranked #5).

As horrifying as this is, it's kind of liberating having your season in the tank one game in. Now all we have to do is beat Ohio State to have a successful season. It's like we're one of the other Big Ten teams in a normal season.

I can't help but be proud of my West Virginian brethren (UPDATE: They're actually from North Carolina, but hill trash is still hill trash). It sucks that my boys lost to them, but if we're gonna lose to a lower tier team, I'd rather it be them. Better hill trash than anyone from Ohio, at least. This usually hardcore Michigan blog sums up my feelings pretty well, though I hope I feel better about it soon (music starts at first link).

Look at the kittie! The blog was all pink for a few days after the game.



Boobs (not even remotely safe for work).

2 Comments:

At 10/9/07 11:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to break it to you, but App State is in western North Carolina.

 
At 11/9/07 12:19, Blogger RWBB said...

Yeah, I figured that out later and then forgot to fix the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home