Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's time!

Football finally starts tonight! Or this afternoon, for us west coasters (I love the timing of live TV out here).

The first round or two of games are kind of a joke, but so what? I finally have an excuse to get up on a Saturday and wash pizza and wings down with beer at 9am (that live timing can bite you in the ass sometimes).

Usually I wait until at least 9:30-10. But not in football season! Nuh uh.

I could bitch about how the Michigan game is only on Big Ten TV (the conference's new Direct TV accessible only channel), but who really wants to watch us beat the snot out of Appalachian State? I would laugh, sure, but really, who cares? Schedule up next time boys, and maybe you won't get stuck on a channel no one's watching, playing a division 2 team. Surely there's at least one crap MAC team who would play us?

On the plus side for App. St., this game will probably make their entire yearly budget.


Bumbershoot is this weekend. JB and I are going Saturday. If anything cool happens, I'll post it here. My cousin's comedy show is performing there. They're doing really well, just ending their North American tour, back where they started. Obviously I'm seeing that. There's a Belgian bar in Fremont I want to take him to too. I haven't been there yet, but it looks good.

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

At 1/9/07 05:56, Blogger Dave said...

Yep, that's some great scheduling there. Closest game so far of the top teams was a 35 pt. victory.

 
At 1/9/07 22:04, Blogger Dave said...

holy crap, I take it back. Michigan falls to appalachia!

 
At 2/9/07 13:00, Blogger RWBB said...

I'm sorry, I know not of which game you speak. Obviously you must be talking about some parallel dimension.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home