Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Correction

I thought I knew surreal until I saw Donald Duck as a nazi (ws vid). Holy crap!

"The End" was the weirdest part.


UPDATE: After Walt Disney's sympathy for Nazis was mentioned in the comments, I went looking for evidence. The Straight Dope says, yeah, he had some sympathies, but was mainly obsessed with whatever would further his movie studio.

Want more? That cartoon won an Oscar for best short cartoon (1943). Wow.

Since we're on the subject, I might as well mention Warner Brothers' racism.

4 Comments:

At 7/8/07 22:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me just say, dude, this is pretty fucked up right here. Were those mortar shells he was assembling? I had heard that Disney was a sympathizer, but holy crap.

 
At 8/8/07 05:04, Blogger RWBB said...

I think it's obviously anti-Nazi, just fucked up. He was forced to make the shells as a slave. That was my take anyway. You thought it was sympathetic?

 
At 8/8/07 23:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it was 7 minutes, and only 10 seconds of him kissing the statue of liberty? It seemed a little over the top.

 
At 12/8/07 21:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugs Bunny used to say "you cotton pickin' ___" to people like Elmer Fudd all the time. He meant it as an insult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home