Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wind power 2

So I got my wind power packet in the mail. No freakin' magnet! They promised me a magnet, and I didn't get one. I'm a little miffed about that, because all I got was a couple stickers I'm not gonna use (bumper and static cling).

I mean, I'd like to have sex again sometime in my life, so no thanks on the friend repellent. I mean, who puts a bumper sticker on their car? Bluetooth wearers? Christ, I listen to Rush and watch Star Trek, and even I'm not that lame.

I also didn't get a "Wind Power Card". How am I supposed to dispense the smug without some card to lord over people? At least they came through with the Whole Foods gift card, but other than charging my credit card, that's all they did. I have to wonder, what else are they screwing up?

And I don't know how I missed it, but this page is hilarious. Look under "What do you get?"

* Renewable Choice’s newsletter -- Oh great, more junk mail. And from an eco-friendly group? I hope this is an email, not only so I can filter it out, but also so it will be less wasteful.

and this gem:

* Notification to alert you when your Wind Power Card expires! -- Gee thanks! I know, why don't you just charge my card in perpetuity? In fact, why not charge up 3 years worth right now, just to be on the safe side? I trust you to keep the details in order.


The wind power is really the important thing, I know. I shouldn't be so cynical, but it's hard not to when the only two material things I wanted they skimped on (and they aren't exactly bank busters). What good is it to give if you can't make other people feel bad about themselves??

I read up on this organization, thanks to a little help, and I know that it's completely unregulated (because customers opt in), and there is some sort of watchdog that supposedly keeps them honest about the energy credits.

But obviously no one makes sure they send out magnets and cards. No, I'm not getting over it.


And check this out, the Pentagon is pushing bio-jet-fuel. How cool is that?

2 Comments:

At 19/12/06 11:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'd be happy to help you with your Wind Power Card purchase. It sounds like you may have signed up for our monthly subscription and you got the welcome packet for that purchase! Please give me a call and I can help you with a Wind Power Card purchase or answer any other questions you may have.

All the best,
Heather Philipp
Director of Residential Sales and Services
Renewable Choice Energy
(877) 810-8670

 
At 19/12/06 19:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, is it cool or freaky that Heather found this post?

I think I have to agree with the link in that email I sent you, donations like this are most useful if it causes an increase in green activity vs subsidising green activity that was going to happen anyway. Last time you posted about this, it wasn't clear how this one went.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home