Saturday, February 02, 2008

Modern Anthropology

I seem to link this article every year, and it still cracks me up. It's the requisite Super Bowl description from the BBC, written in the voice of a scientific study of natives in a jungle somewhere. The NPR coverage isn't much different.

And don't forget the Puppy Bowl! With the magic of Tivo, I'll get to watch both. AND I can skip all the boring pre-game/post-game bullshit. I actually want to see halftime this year because Tom Petty is playing, or I would skip that too.

Happy Super Bowl, everyone!

8 Comments:

At 4/2/08 21:37, Blogger Dave said...

through the magic of picture besides picture on Jared's TV, we watched the puppy bowl and Tom Petty at the same time. It was pretty sweet.

 
At 4/2/08 23:56, Blogger RWBB said...

I Tivo'd the Puppy Bowl, and only got a few minutes into it. I guess it's lost its charm.

 
At 5/2/08 09:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to see Tom Petty at the Gorge sometime in August...you should come. I am hoping he plays neither free fallin nor runnin down a dream.

 
At 5/2/08 17:46, Blogger Dave said...

jb -- you are a fool!

 
At 5/2/08 19:04, Blogger RWBB said...

Yeah seriously, those are two of the greatest songs ever. WTF?

 
At 6/2/08 11:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If by "greatest" you mean "overplayed" and "subpar soundbytes that have come to define a great musician's entire catalogue" then I completely agree with you.

It's like when Led Zeppelin got back together...did they really play Stairway to Heaven? REALLY?

 
At 6/2/08 15:41, Blogger RWBB said...

You cheered when Rush played Tom Sawyer.

 
At 7/2/08 11:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, but I was so drunk you had to drive home, remember? Sorry about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home