Saturday, September 29, 2007

Discoveries

I was going to title this "New Discoveries", but aren't all discoveries new? (tell that to the native americans)

Anyway. Recently I've discovered a few things I thought I'd share with you.


1) Grilled cheese sandwiches -- While technically not new, I have a newfound love for them. I got lazy and made one in the leftover grease from a previous meal. The bread all crusty and the cheese all melty... dipped in your favorite sauce (or tomato soup)... I don't think I'm too far out by describing it as sex in your mouth. And I mean the good nasty kind of sex, where you're not sure if it's legal in this state or not. (yes, I know I just left this open wider than a San Diego to sex jokes)


2) Belgian beer -- This isn't really new either, but I find myself frequenting my favorite beer store an awful lot. Once you get used to European sized pints (~25 ounces), and the 9% alcohol content, it's hard to go back to the high life. Also, it's fun to pop open a beer like a champagne bottle. It's the real champagne of beers.


3) Facebook -- My uh... the girl, that one girl, she kept making fun of me for not having a Facebook. "What happened to Myspace?" I asked. "That's soooo 2003," she said. "I have a Friendster," I said, desperately hoping for some hep points. Instead I broke even with her blank stare, which is worse than losing points, because she didn't know what Friendster was. It's before her time. God I'm old.

On the subject of feeling old, my biology professor alluded to the movie City Slickers and asked if anyone had seen it. No one raised their hands (I don't participate in class). He said, it's ok, you all were in kindergarten in 1994. And I'm like... uh... does Sophomore in highschool count?


4) Blackjack -- I developed a liking to blackjack back in Chicago, but I rediscovered it in Vegas. I don't play the normal way, standing on 13 and higher. That pleased the other guys at the table because I kept busting the dealer (and then everyone wins). Yeah it's not advisable to hit up to 15, but I was the one who walked away with $75 and they lost all their chips.



I'm going to retire this blog as soon as I think up a new name. Change is good for the soul. Also, you can find my Facebook if you want, but there are things I won't talk about there that I would on a quasi-anonymous blog.

2 Comments:

At 30/9/07 18:27, Blogger Dave said...

we had grilled cheese for lunch yesterday with homemade tomato soup. I didn't know it was so easy -- broth + 1 large can of crushed tomatoes + 1 cup of cream/milk. Good stuff.

I'm a fan of craps -- I'm not any good at it, but it's certainly a fun way to lose money.

 
At 15/10/07 00:13, Blogger RWBB said...

I'm not sure there's any skill involved with craps. Not that fact has any bearing on peoples' opinions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home