Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dave Barry on Christmas

Some lighter fare for ya.


I'm off to the local bar and then the airport. I've got the redeye through George Bush International (Houston). There's a hilarious statue of elder Bush there, the wind whipping his jacket casually tossed over one shoulder, ginormous encyclopedia in the other arm. I'll snap a pic if I have time.

It's my ritual to have a few drinks at the bar across the street before I leave. I haven't been there since the night before my last trip. And given where my connection is, I figure I have an excuse to drink a couple scotches. It's appropriate, since cocaine is illegal.

2 Comments:

At 18/12/06 13:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, it's George Bush "Intercontinental" Airport. He's a rebel like that. And every time I see that stetue I want to poke my eyes out with the tie.

 
At 23/12/06 22:11, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Merry Christmas my friend .. hope you enjoy yourself ... but, ummm ... not too much :)
Blessings,
Frannie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home