Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Life altering events

I suppose it happens to everyone at some point, where in their life they see an event coming that will surely define an era for them, a "before" and an "after". I'm facing such an event myself, in just a few short days. I shouldn't be upset, I should be glad that unlike a murder or an accident, at least I see it coming.

I have arrangements for rides to and from, as I surely won't be in a condition to drive myself home after this. Friends and family are stopping by and bringing food. I have a slew of DVDs to fill my downtime, and the internet is never far away.

Sure, I'm a little nervous. Who wouldn't be? But I'm not afraid. Soon it will all be over, and we'll finally know who the best team in the Big Ten, and the country, is.


Oh, also I'm having nose surgery on Thursday to clear out my nasal passages.

GO BLUE!

3 Comments:

At 15/11/06 22:10, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

ohhh. Good luck with that. doesn't sound fun at all.

 
At 17/11/06 13:29, Blogger RWBB said...

Thanks. I'm back. I'm ok. It was my first surgery, and I wouldn't take it as lightly in the future.

 
At 19/11/06 21:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Appendicitis surgery is supposed to be one of the easiest things ever, but they released me from the hospital before I could really walk, and getting out of bed when there weren't rails on the side was pretty traumatic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home