Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm a vote whore

My pumpkin was accepted into the Flying Spaghetti Monster Pumpkin contest. It's #34, and the pic isn't so hot, but I would still love it if you wouldn't mind going over there and voting. I probably won't win, but what the hell, ya know? I spent a whole freakin' day on it. I might as well get something out of it.

In other news, a bunch of fucked up family shit happened that I can't discuss. Aren't you glad you know that? Let's just say that most of you probably think you have problems in your life. You don't. Just trust me. For most of you, your life is a fucking walk in the park compared to other people (I'm not saying I have a hard life, not at all, just that I know what one looks like).


Here are some pics that didn't doctor up as nicely as I'd hoped (the carvings are complete, it just doesn't look like it):




The star and circle are scraped thin to let (in this case, not enough) light through.




This was all one level of scraping, with a some features scraped in. You should have seen the other guys' carvings. This is pedestrian next to theirs.




This was the hardest one. You can't really tell here, but the autobot symbol has 4 levels of shading. There's completely cut out (eyes), light shading ("surface" of face straight on), dark shading ("surfaces" off to the side that show the 3-d effect), and rind (brows and triangle on forehead). You can see it better if you click on it for the closeup.




This was done by my "mentor". You can't see it here, but he not only carved muscles into god's arm, but veins. These guys are good.




I have tons more pics if anyone's interested.

1 Comments:

At 5/11/06 18:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got my vote!
I am astounded!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home