Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Our weather kicks your weather's ass

I just wanted to send out a big fat nyah-nyah-nyahnyahnyah to all of you living south and/or east of Seattle.

Haha! Sucks to be you!

It's 75 in the sun here, 50's at night, not a cloud in the sky. In case you were wondering, yes, that's perfect weather. It's right on the verge of being too warm when you're playing frisbee at the park, but not quite. And at night, all you have to do is prop a fan up in the window. It's delightfully cool, promising a soothing night's sleep.

It's our way of being paid back for the 8 months of rain and gloom we're about to enter into again.

In other news, I'm off to Canada on Saturday for a week. My Dad is up there on his annual pilgrimage, and I'm going out to see him, with my bro and two nephews. I'll be humming the bassline and air drumming licks from YYZ as I land at, well, YYZ. I'll try to do as many Canadian things as I can think of while I'm there, but honestly, with the exception of being ultra-nationalist, they're just like us. Don't tell them that though, they get testy (about the being like Americans part, I think they're rather proud of being nationalist).

I'll try not to get cut off at the airport bar and almost barred from entering the US, like the last time I flew out of Toronto, but no promises.

5 Comments:

At 3/8/06 09:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got cold on the beach the other night so I made a campfire. Boy do I miss West Philly.

 
At 3/8/06 12:33, Blogger RWBB said...

You're being sarcastic, right?

 
At 3/8/06 13:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh year, well as I type this it's 100 degrees with a heat index of 106. Our low tonight will be 81. The humidity is suffocating. So thbbbbttt.

Oh... wait... um, I think the heat is getting to me.

 
At 3/8/06 17:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'm serious. I'd trade in a coastal temperate rainforest environment for urine-soaked subway platforms and crack vials in the street any day.

 
At 8/8/06 21:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to comment about how great the summer weather in Chicago is, unitl homeboy turned the conversation towards crack vials simmering in urine.
It just so happens that I was waiting for a train in Wicker Park the other day, and I thought to myself....Man, it sure smells like crack and piss in this subway

-big Sexy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home