Monday, July 10, 2006

This computer sucks

That's why I'm not posting much. I still haven't fixed my main machine and this piece of shit Linux box is a pain in the ass to use, so don't expect my posting to be as frequent.

I had a great weekend. First off my whole family, minus my Dad, was here last week, so I had a good vibe entering the weekend. It was great catching up with everyone.

I went to a Mariners game Saturday with a friend of my Mom's. He's a funny fat Italian guy who some of you may recall. His wife was too sick and my Mom didn't care about the game, so we went alone.

After the game, which we lost to Detroit 2-1, I had a couple more drinks with my older friend, and then he went to bed. Old people can't hang. My liver was copping an uppity attitude, so I decided it needed more punishment. I met my friends up at a bar.

We came back to my place and caused a ruckus on the rooftop patio. The people below us came out to complain and they called the security guard out to get us twice. I don't feel bad about it though. It's a common area and I'm going to use it. I wasn't the one dragging furniture around, so leave me out of it. The only thing remarkable about that is that we got up at 10am the next morning to watch the World Cup.

I woke up drunk and just kept on drinking. I now like bloody maries. The bar was packed, but I squeezed myself in there. I didn't really care who won, but I was going for Italy.

Penalty kicks are a lameass way to end a game. If it ends in a tie, there ought to be a 45 minute sudden death overtime. Repeat until someone scores. France was the better team and probably would have won under those rules. But I digress.

Apparently I was really loud in the bar and insulted some girl. I honestly didn't think she could hear me. Sorry anonymous girl. Just because you're ugly does not make it okay for me to oralize it. And I still have absolutely no desire for your fries, but thanks anyway.

After the World Cup, I got a burrito and ate it under Lenin. I get a huge kick out of seeing the father of communism hawkin' tacos. You just want to dig him up and show it to him. And for the record, maybe it was the 20 straight hours of drinking, but the burrito was awesome.

I convinced my friends to fly to Vancouver with me. It's $160 roundtrip from the seaplanes that take off outside my window all day long. But one of my friends lost his passport and his license. So guess what we did instead? Yep, that's right. We changed it up and stayed at the same bar and drank more. Don't ever call us predictable!

It was around 24 hours of drinking that one of my friends started suggesting, um, female entertainment. I think strip clubs are a waste of money and are for bachelor parties only, but I had to admit, it sounded like fun. Alas, it fell through when none of us wanted to pay for it.

One of my friends passed out on my couch and the rest of us went to The Bar. The bartender asked what I've been up to, and I launched into my story, "I woke up drunk, then started drinking, blah, blah, blah" and he cut me off by saying, "You don't tell your bartender stories like that." Heh, heh, yeah, I suppose not.

We ran into a friend of ours at The Bar. He had what he called "legal pot". I forget the real name of this stuff, but I've seen it around before. It is indeed legal and people smoke it, but it's not much like pot.

Let me just say, if you're going to do this, sit down first, and be prepared to roll around and laugh uncontrollably for about 15 minutes. Don't fight it and don't even try to get up and walk around. This is not something to do in public, but otherwise it seems as harmless as smoking something can be.

That takes me to late late Sunday night, around 4am Monday. The same guy was still passed out on the couch. I went to bed. I got up around 10am or so and drove to Bellingham to see my cousin who I haven't seen in about 15 years. I ate a steak. The end.

How was your weekend?

6 Comments:

At 11/7/06 13:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salvia divinorum! I love it I love it I love it! When we were in Alaska we called it crack, like, hey Dave, can you pass me the crack? It's like smoking nitrous. Anytime you need a partner you let me know, mmmkay?

Come to think of it, we almost bought some at Pike's Place that one time, but it was really expensive.

 
At 11/7/06 18:05, Blogger RWBB said...

If I had known, I would have bought it. I went back there and looked for it again, but it's gone.

When's your next time off?

 
At 12/7/06 10:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After August 11

 
At 12/7/06 10:51, Blogger RWBB said...

That's when I get back from Canada.

 
At 12/7/06 11:53, Blogger RWBB said...

I got the steak here in Seattle, at the Rock Salt Steak and Seafood place. I screwed up the days and thought I was staying for a night, but really I just visited for a few hours.

The steak was good, but I can cook a better steak on my own.

 
At 13/7/06 20:41, Blogger RWBB said...

Never heard of it, but I'll put it on the short list! What do you like there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home