Sunday, July 16, 2006

This computer still sucks

I hope my laptop gets fixed soon. The screen crapped out and I took it into the shop Thursday and I still haven't heard back from them. It's a minor inconvenience that I feel shameful complaining about while WWIII is breaking out, but it's still annoying.

I'm glad to hear some of my friends are losing weight (except you, tubby). After my first 25 pounds off I've only been maintaining. But at least I'm maintaining, hell. Forward march soldiers! I want to look hot in a bikini by August.

I met a cute girl this weekend -- short, thin, blonde, intelligent, the works (I'm short, so it's fortunate when I find short women). She mentioned her boyfriend while shamelessly flirting with me and my buddy. Not the best of signs, but whatever. No official lines were crossed. And I noticed that she drank an awful lot over the course of the night with no noticeable effects. Hmm. I've been known to do the same thing, so not necessarily a deal breaker there either, but she's obviously a drinker.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to deal with her. She's beautiful, gave me her number, made it a point for me to call her before the coming weekend so we could do something before Friday, etc. Ordinarily I would be overjoyed, but I'm not. I have a few concerns. Should I care about her bf, who she obviously is on the way out with? (sources say no) Should I care that she may be an alcoholic? Why do I feel the need to so heavily screen girls? Shouldn't I just take advantage of the fact that a hot girl is coming on to me? Given that you can't make an informed decision, what do you think: bad news girl or sex kitten?

I want to hang out with her again. Ya know, see her in daylight, re-assess, and call an audible.

My friend got some more of that s.d., the 21x strength this time (that's the strongest kind). Yeah, I'm not so sure about that stuff anymore. The weak stuff makes people laugh uncontrollably, hoot like a monkey, and generally just act like a moron for about 10 minutes. The strong stuff makes some people fight and sends everyone else into la-la land. Watch someone do it, and I think you'll decide you don't want a part of it. It's not in the same category as pot and alcohol. It'll be illegal as soon as it gets popular, so if you're curious, now's the time.

One more thing: on Eaten Alive on Animal Planet, the re-enactments of the peoples' moments of discovery about tapeworms and other assorted parasites was sublime. The guy who called his wife in to look at the tapeworm he'd partially crapped out was my personal fav (she cut off what she could grab with scissors -- whether it made a flip-flip-flip noise as it retracted back in, I guess we'll never know). Keep in mind they re-enacted these scenes, in what looked like their own bathrooms. Sorry The Showbiz Show, the Emmy's already sealed up for 2006.

How was your weekend?

2 Comments:

At 18/7/06 01:49, Blogger RWBB said...

Thanks MamaK. You're right, the gut is almost always the best indicator. That's why I'm stepping away slowly.

Veeeery slowly, so that she has a chance to re-indicate her interest. (oh please oh god).

(Heh, heh) I'm not going to go into the details here and now, but let's just say that I don't expect "loyal interaction" from her anyway. I just don't think I'd ever find a strong connection with a girl who found me while psychologically cheating on her bf.

 
At 18/7/06 19:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm psychologically cheating on my bf with you right now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home