Friday, August 18, 2006

Bizarre eye condition

I've had this thing with my eye since I was kid. I don't think anyone else has this, so I'm putting it up here to gauge my ocular weirdness.

If I squint my eyes and look at something bright, I see a squiggly worm shaped thing, all bunched up in a ball. It's Predator-esque, in that it has form but you can see through it. It sinks as I look at something straight on though, so I have to continuously look up again and again to move it into my field of view. It can similaly be moved side to side. So there'll I'll be, squinting towards the sun, rolling my eyes all around, with a smirk on my face. Classy.

I've been looking at this thing since I was, oh I don't know, 8. I recall getting in trouble for looking at this rather than listening to Mrs. Fletcher in 4th grade. She hated me anyway. Not that I blame her. Imagine me but more spastic, no empathy, and cute enough to get away with anything (and aware of this fact). Trouble.

She can blow me anyway. Aside from a brief crush on Dolly Ramoonaverapu, there was nothing of remote interest in her class. I consistently came in first or second on the speed math quizzes, but was never recognized as such. My buddy JB once characterized her as the lady with an ass that's ten feet tall. It was too! It was really tall, and totally flat. Weirdest ass ever.

Her husband was nice enough though. He was a teacher too and they traded classes one day. He dissected a goat eye and I was completely into it. You've got to wonder about a guy who marries a flatass like her though.

My reccesses were mostly spent with RCR, re-enacting scenes from Top Gun or somesuch. You can be my wingman. No man, you can be mine.

So yeah, my eye has some odd worm shaped thing I can only see while squinting at the sun. Should I be bothered that it seems to be telling me to associate with trashy women? Because that's what I do anyway. Just askin'.

You may say that's myopic (haha, get it?). I call it Friday afternoon.

UPDATE: Garlic found this article about eye "floaters" on Wikipedia. I'm a little shocked by how much info there is on these things. I guess I'm not crazy afterall (at least not for this reason anyway). And here I had the completely wrong mental image of what a floater is. Yeah, I just made a poop joke.

3 Comments:

At 19/8/06 06:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_floaters

I think they're common, but if you have a lot of them there's not much that a doctor can do.

 
At 19/8/06 15:12, Blogger RWBB said...

Holy crap, those things are real??? I think I liked it better when I just thought I was insane.

 
At 20/8/06 22:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude don't sweat it.....I secretly laced some of your belongings with a highly potent hallucinogenic drug before you left town...It should wear off in a couple hour
-Big Sexy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home