Tuesday, May 02, 2006

No chile for me

A bit of background: I'm doing the South Beach diet and so I've had to change my eating habits. Lots of salad, eggs, and nuts. I've had alot of soy milk, etc.

RCR gave me a turkey chile recipe that looks pretty good, and I was gonna cook 'er up. Then I wrote the following email to him:

I was just about to try out your chile recipe. I even went out and bought enough stuff for two batches, but then it hit me: I would have to stand there, in the kitchen, not really doing anything other than watching stuff cook.

And I lost all interest. I'll eat nuts for dinner again.

God I'm lazy.

UPDATE: Since I shamed myself with this post, I sucked it up and made the chile. It was boring, but now I have a pot full of chile. It's not bad.

4 Comments:

At 2/5/06 16:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some of us have mastered the art of doing more than 1 thing at a time. Like listening to the radio at the same time we cook.

 
At 2/5/06 16:22, Blogger RWBB said...

Oh wow, that takes skill.

I don't consider watching TV or listening to the radio as doing much. It's not a bad diversion though. I can't help but feel like I'm wasting my time if I watch TV (not counting a couple shows).

I just want to come home and have food alreayd made for me. Then I would eat it as quickly as possible, and leave. I should be home for as little time as possible.

 
At 2/5/06 19:11, Blogger RWBB said...

I have a standard large pot, which seemed to work just fine. It wasn't nearly as time consuming as I thought it was going to be.

Making it was boring because I wanted to be outside. This probably sounds stupid, but sometimes I actually get annoyed when I get hungry, have to use the bathroom, etc. I feel like we should have moved beyond this by now.

This is special south beach chile, so all ingredients have to be approved. That said, I am game for any recipes you want to throw my way.

I've been doing it for a week and have lost 5 pounds. I would probably lose more if I stopped drinking, which you're supposed to do.

 
At 3/5/06 18:33, Blogger RWBB said...

No, I don't get the emails. I have a couple of the books, so I'm not sure I need emails.

I've been drinking rum and diet coke as my drink. Not the best drink in the world. I just want beer, real beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home