Saturday, February 03, 2007

Super Bowl

Go Bears!

Here's a great post about everything Super Bowl, including the best and worst commercials.

Interesting Super Bowl myth verified:

Myth No. 7: Buckle up on Super Sunday
The auto repair industry loves the Super Bowl because Americans are more likely to crash their cars after the game’s final gun.

Fact or fiction: Four years ago, researchers at the University of Toronto examined this bloody piece of Super Bowl lore. They determined that automobile accidents indeed climb more than 40 percent in the hours after the Super Bowl — with the biggest increase coming in cities and towns closest to the home of the losing team.

The study pointed to alcohol consumption, fatigue and inattention as the primary causes. Researchers compared Super Bowl Sunday with adjacent Sundays when weather was the same and found a 41 percent jump in fatal accidents in the four hours or more after the game along with a 48 percent rise in non-fatal accidents.

I say this as someone with a fair bit of drinking experience: if you're drunk, call a cab. Considering the insanity of drivers in Chicago on average, I would be worried about this if I still lived there.

I don't understand why anyone would go for the Colts, unless maybe you like Manning. But c'mon, have you ever been to Indianapolis? What a craphole.


In other news, I have good reason to believe that my life is going to get much more interesting as soon as I get back to Seattle. I'm sure a few details will eventually percolate up to this blog.

Gosh I'd love to stay and chat, but the hottub just hit 104. Latah suckahs!


UPDATE: I forgot one of my favorite Super Bowl events, the British anthropologist studying the whacky "American football" ritual. Enjoy.

5 Comments:

At 3/2/07 20:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're pregnant! Congratulations!

 
At 3/2/07 21:53, Blogger RWBB said...

You better be talking to a doobie.

 
At 6/2/07 06:30, Blogger Dave said...

no puppy bowl update?

 
At 7/2/07 23:52, Blogger RWBB said...

No on shares my enthusiasm for the puppy bowl, so I don't bother.

 
At 9/2/07 16:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure, but how can I mock you about the puppy bowl if you don't post about it.

oh wait, I just did! ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home