Friday, January 19, 2007

Not that there's anything wrong with that

In preparations for my trip I've been doing various things to get ready. Towards the end of the day I noticed a certain theme kept cropping up.


* While waiting for my prescriptions to be filled at the local pharmacy, I poured over my decision on which toilet brush to buy. I finally went with the one that matched the color scheme of my bathroom even though it's not as good as the other ones.

* I also sniffed all varieties of the scented candles there, and finally didn't buy one. I know what kind of fruity scent I want my apartment to have, and those weren't it.

* Your mileage may vary, but there's something emasculating about carting a pallet of Charmin's Ultra Soft around Costco.

* Ditto for a case of diet caffeine free Coke.

* I got home and simply had to clean the kitchen. I hate coming home to a dirty place. So on went the Star Trek, and out came the 409. I discovered something whilst cleaning: the cover on the stove comes up so you can clean underneath. I won't tell you how I've been cleaning in there for the past 12 months. Let's just say it wasn't efficient. At all.

* While transferring laundry to the dryer I decided that the mop and I just aren't going to work out, but my duster is really bitchin'.

* I took a break when my stomach started rumbling. I busted out my homemade pasta sauce and cracked a Perrier, my new favorite beverage. Ah!


And that's when it hit me: I'm a big huge pussy (sorry FF). This has been quite an effete day. I didn't even notice how gay it was to buy a case of Perrier while I was doing it.

I mean, not only is it carbonated mineral water, it's European carbonated mineral water. And not only is it European, it's French. I've been happily guzzling surrender water for the last day. Gah!


When I see my guy friends tonight, maybe I'll lie and say I've been repacking ball bearings or something. I don't know what that is exactly, but it sounds testosterone laden.



I wish I had fresh lemons for my Perrier

2 Comments:

At 21/1/07 20:13, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Apology accepted! Again I busted up and could not explain to the kids why maamaa was laughin'!
I love Perrier with fresh lemon and Vodka ... :O)
Isn't is amazing how much time and possibly money you can waste in the pharmacy? I love to look at the "As Seen On TV" stuff ....
Diet caffeine free Coke .. what is the point of it?
Happy Trails ...

 
At 26/1/07 20:10, Blogger RWBB said...

That sounds like a great drink! But it would have to be quality vodka.

I tried to find a bedazzler, but alas.

re: diet caffeine free coke, it's ridiculous isn't it? But I've switched to Perrier now. It's awesome being able to have a fizzy drink right before bed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home