Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Random blah

I see some asshat atheists are making a hullabaloo. The "rational response squad" -- how, um, not clever. Oh ok, so I'm supposed to blaspheme and this is supposed to accomplish something, so here goes:

Jesus has dirty knickers.

I don't feel any different. Do you?

I make no secret on here about my skepticism regarding religion, but I don't hold it against people for being religious. Assuming they're not trying to cram it down my throat, that is.

I see it more as an oddity. It's as though you really really like olives. I don't particularly care for olives, but if you want them on your half of the pizza, ok. Just don't expect me to enjoy them.

I don't mind the church, or temple, or whatever it is (I've spent more time in Hindu temples than any other kind of religious building). The people are great and it's a comfortable safe place to be, especially if you've got kids.

But I'm never going to get over all the damn praying (haha, get it?). I've gone to church with my friends on a few occasions, and everyone is bowing their heads and verbally prostrating themselves so band practice goes well. It's just weird. Like, grow a pair, ya know? Satan didn't detune your guitar. It just does that. It'll be ok if you just tune up and play.


I've got a bit of a cold. I must have gotten it at the hospital. It's a pretty strong strain because I'm in good health otherwise, and penicillin isn't killing it. I'm worried this is one of those super-bacterial infections that are immune to antibiotics. What's worse is that my Dad has no immune system of his own, and he's home from the hospital now. Everything is fine though.

Except I have to lie about my robotussin intake. My Dad's wife, my stepmom, whatever, is being my "nurse" while I get over this cold. She doles out the 'tussin at the prescribed times and in the right doses. But it's not nearly enough. I bought my own bottle that I keep next to my bed.

This is how you're supposed to take 'tussin: take a big swig, choke it down, take another big swig, and put it away. Wait 30 minutes. If your scalp doesn't start tingling, take another swig. Repeat until cold is gone and/or you wake up in the uncomfortable chair.

That's some good dextromethorphan. Dude.


This one is for the guys. Guys, you know that feeling when you get in a car and 30 seconds later you regret not insisting on driving? It was the second time we made a complete stop on the highway, fully blocking the right lane, so she could figure out how to turn the lights on in her own car, that I decided I would never let a woman drive me around again.

Yeah? Prove me wrong.

Everyone is an individual, sure, but only a woman could get more lost with an in-car navigation system than without. For whatever reason they have no confidence, and if you have no confidence, you have no business operating machinery. I don't think it's going out on much of a limb to say I would never get lost anywhere if I had one of those navigation things.

Another benefit of driving is you don't have to hear James Blunt, or whatever smarmy pap it is they're listening to these days (funny worksafe parody of that song).


So let's see: questioning the beliefs of half my readership, check (all 2 of you); excessive intake of chemicals, check; misogyny, check. Another successful post!

Brought to you by The Seattle Scribe and the good folks down at CVS pharmacy who sell extra large bottles of generic robotussin.

4 Comments:

At 30/1/07 17:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humph. I might be offended, if I didn't completely agree with you about the driving thing - for most women.

 
At 30/1/07 17:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To get in good with my God, and to spite you, I'm going to give up meat for lent. I've been doing some trial runs leading up to fat tuesday so I know what to expect.

I've decided that fish is a vegetable, and I'm ok with that.

 
At 30/1/07 19:39, Blogger RWBB said...

FF, everyone is an individual, e.g. Danica Patrick. And of course I'm sure you don't fall into the bad category. I mean all those other women.


G, what about zombie jesus? I want to hear about zombie jesus!

Well I gave up alcohol and I don't even have a god. So there! (day 17 and counting)

 
At 1/2/07 16:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally disagree with you about the women/car thing- especially the lack of confidence reasoning. (As if my disagreement surprises you). Trust me, any woman that would hold a dick in her hand is more than capable of operating machinery. And you know it. But...anyway...

You stated: "I've got a bit of a cold...It's a pretty strong strain because I'm in good health otherwise, and penicillin isn't killing it."

Penicillin can't kill it, because colds do not respond to antibiotics, as they are viral. There is still hope.

-corthar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home