Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Furnace 1, TSS 0

Ok fine, I turned the heat on. I'll put up with much colder temps than most other people, but I have to draw the line somewhere. If I have to pull the comforter over my face to keep it warm at night, it's too cold.

In my defence, Seattle is having a cold snap the likes of which I've never seen here. It's like, below freezing and snowing and stuff. Imagine! I'll become a weather wuss eventually, but I've still got it for now.

I'm endlessly amused at how freaked out everyone here gets over a little snow. A storm is going to start around 5pm, and everyone is taking off early. A girl I met in the elevator told me how she had to hurry and go shopping before the storm hit, so they would have stuff to eat once they were "snowed in".

The estimated accumulation? A "trace to 2 inches with light ice accumulation possible" and then it's going to rain tomorrow. I mean jeez louise people, grow a pair. This is not the Great Snowstorm of '06 as some are calling it. It's not all their fault though, as an impending snow storm makes for great filler on a slow news day, and everyone wants to think they persevere through bad circumstances.


I saw the surgeon today and he gave me a whole new bottle of painkillers. What a guy! I still prefer a nice scotch, but I'm not going to complain. Everything is fine, btw.

Do you know how much stuff can fit up your nose? I'll bet you, like me before this, have no idea what all can go up in there. I base my knowledge on the volume of what comes out. You really don't want to know what's been coming out of my nose, so let's just say that it's interesting, and there's alot of it.


UPDATE:
Big surprise, there was no snow catastrophe Thursday morning. Of course, anyone with a 3rd grade reading level could have told them that by looking at the forecast. What a bunch of weather wimps.

And since I'm talking about weather, this month was Seattle's wettest on record, beating out December 1933. That makes me feel slightly better about the damp hole in my ceiling, but not much.

1 Comments:

At 30/11/06 23:36, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

2 inches, we have had two friggen feet this week .. two inches, what the hell is that? Get in the car and drive ..
Opps, sorry I promised not to rant about snow today! my bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home