Thursday, September 21, 2006

Plugging Borat and Idiots

Borat's Myspace page is pretty funny. I can't wait to see his new movie, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, but I like that sort of thing (comes out November 3rd).

Bush is actually going to meet with the President of Kazakhstan about this movie. I suppose I can't really blame them for being upset, but Borat makes Americans look pretty bad too.

If you've never seen Da Ali G Show, you should check it out. He goes too far sometimes, but it's mostly hysterical. He has three personalities, only one of which is Borat the nutty Kazakh reporter. Ali G is his main character, a pathetic white guy who tries to act black. The other is a flaming homo.

And since I'm plugging stuff, I may as well mention Idiocracy, the latest from Mike Judge. It will be hard to outdo Beavis and Butthead do America and Office Space, but on those creds alone, you better believe I'm checking this out. He's also behind King of the Hill. No one seems to get white trash/redneck culture like Judge.

It's out as of September 1st, and is only in a few cities and wasn't advertised. So we'll all probably have to wait for the DVD. Here's a review. I imagine this movie will be pretty damn funny. The cities it's been released in are LA, Atlanta, Toronto, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and Austin (so says Wikipedia).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home