Monday, September 11, 2006

Self censored

The reunion stories are down because people from my hometown are reading them. If you didn't read them and you want to for some reason, I'll email them to you.

I really hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. The reason I blog is to have a record of my thoughts for posterity, above all else. This is not to entertain an audience, though if you find it entertaining, that's cool.

I don't want a wide readership and I'm not trying to write a popular blog. The true value of this blog is that it's a place where I can be completely honest and open about my life. A few close friends know about it, and a few random internet people.

Everything was fine as long as it stayed that way. But I know from the referral logs that people are reading this who shouldn't be, people who I'm afraid can't or won't keep their mouths shut. So there you have it. I censored my own blog.

And those of you from home who read the stories, please let me keep my private thoughts private. I did not intend for my thoughts to become gossip fodder. You know who you are.

UPDATE: It seems I may have overreacted, but I'm still going to keep these stories down for awhile. I was afraid that some of the people I said not-so-nice things about were reading them, and once the P-ville gossip train gets started, you can't stop it. I didn't pull them down because of CH or LS, if that means anything. Y'all are cool. [editors note: Slutter!]

UPDATE 2: Ok, I'm putting them back up. But if you're from my hometown and you read them and get offended, you were warned ahead of time. Do not read the stories if you think you may be offended by them. And please don't encourage anyone else to read them. If they find them on their own, fine.

5 Comments:

At 11/9/06 16:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

I read your reunion entries. I mean, they are your thoughts and you are entitled to them and it is great if you can express yourself in a humorous way. And, no, I didn't tell anyone about your blog or your entries (cause you've asked me that before). However, I do think some people know about it, but it is b/c you are linked from someone else's blog that is highly read.
-corthar

 
At 11/9/06 19:38, Blogger RWBB said...

Yeah, gossip is a force of nature. I'm hardly ever back home anymore, but I still don't need to be talked about.

I don't think it will be a big deal. I really don't want to limit my ability to express myself.

 
At 12/9/06 10:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gossip fodder? Who could you possibly be talking about? I know that personally, no one said anything to me that started with "now I'm not supposed to tell anyone this but..."

 
At 12/9/06 14:02, Blogger RWBB said...

JB, obviously I don't care if you read this. I thought someone was reading the stories, someone who I may or may not have characterized as slightly overweight. I just know what's going to happen, the wrong person is going to find this eventually, and it's going to come off as mean. So here's the groundwork that tells them to not read this.

 
At 12/9/06 15:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am inscenced, INCENSED that you think it's acceptable to remark that people are overweight. Perhaps YOU are the ONE who is underweight.

honky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home