Friday, May 26, 2006

It's never as bad as you think it is

Luckily I've recovered quickly from my health problems, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little depressed sitting there in the hospital, my mind racing with worst case scenarios. Hospitals are depressing, lonely places to be anyway, but it's doubly so when it's about you.

And then sometimes we see that it's not so bad afterall. My problems aren't much at all compared to people my parents' age. One of my Mom's friends, some old Italian singer from the 50's (I think) who has always been sweet on her, is basically about to die. She's at that age now where friends start dying rather than just going into the hosiptal. She's pretty upset about it.

I won't go into the details because they're revolting. Let's just say that an inflamed large intestine is nothing compared to this. It is not the way that anyone should have to die.

Sure, I can always find things to bitch about. But my life is about as close to perfect as you can reasonably assume to get. Yours probably is too. Be thankful for that everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home