Tuesday, May 23, 2006

American blogger goes to the West Bank

Same guy again. As I said before, I wouldn't keep linking this stuff if it weren't apolitical and fascinating. It's impossible to stay completely apolitical when you're talking about the Palestinian territories, but I would say he's uncontroversial about it, insofar as possible. A little long, but a good read.

I'm adding this quote in later:

Sufian took me to a cafe and bought me a gigantic glass of freshly squeezed juice. We sat at a square wooden table. I sipped my juice through a straw while flipping to a blank page in my notebook.

“Who did you vote for in the election?” I said.

“I didn’t vote,” he said. “There was no one worth voting for. Our parties are terrible.”

I would have said I know the feeling, but Good Lord. Whining about the Democrats and the Republicans to a guy who is stuck with the likes of Yasser Arafat’s Fatah and Hamas would just sound pathetic.


Good stuff people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home