Sunday, January 06, 2008

Heavy things

I just "broke up" with one of my best friends. Long story. Suffice it to say, I don't feel very good right now.


Then I saw the saddest thing on the whole entire internets (this link doesn't work anymore, nevermind -- it was a dog curling up to his dead master's side).


Thank goodness I ran into one of my old favorites, Flyguy (sound), so it's not all bad. I love Flyguy.


My Dad made one of his trademark turnarounds. Thanks for the well wishes. It's not fun to get jerked around like that. You think your Dad is on the way out, and then he bounces back. Over and over this happens. We really thought this was it this time. I'm afraid that I won't take one of his downturns seriously, and then he'll be gone and I never got to say goodbye. Gah!


School starts tomorrow and I haven't even picked out classes or looked at the schedule yet. Prolly otter get on that. It's hard to get jazzed up about school right now.


I got a Tivo for Christmas. After selling a kidney, I finally got it set up. What a pain. I set up my Mom's and it took about 20 minutes. Mine took hours, mostly because I didn't know I had to update the firmware in the router. Here's to randomly updating stuff and things magically working.

I haven't accumulated any shows yet because I've been watching the games live. But once we get into the week and it starts picking up all the shows I like at odd hours, it will come in very handy. Or so all the Tivo people tell me. For $725 it better effin wash my car.



Right now 2008 isn't going so well, but I'm confident that it will pick up soon.

7 Comments:

At 7/1/08 15:18, Blogger Dave said...

I don't know anyone with a DVR that thinks they were better off without one.

Liz loves football days with our 2 tuner tivo, because she can wait for the games to be recorded, and then just skip through the game ignoring the commentary, or if their live, buffer one up for 30 minutes and when she catches up, switch over to the other game and catch up there.

 
At 7/1/08 16:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with you and breaking yup with friends? I hope you're not talking about some dude again.

 
At 7/1/08 19:21, Blogger RWBB said...

One quarter into the BCS title game and I'm converted.


This friend was female, as though that makes it any better. You know damn well who it is. I just had to lay down the law. Long story I doubt anyone cares about.

 
At 8/1/08 13:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I don't know who it is. Would this person happen to be a Rush fan, or a university colleague of yours?

 
At 8/1/08 15:05, Blogger Dave said...

Football is one of the things it's great for. the 30second skip is ussually enough time from tackle from the last play to start of the next play.

 
At 8/1/08 16:42, Blogger RWBB said...

Rush.

Wow, there's no way I'd micro manage a game to that extent. I'm still liking it though. The prediction thing pulls down some weird shit, but I'm training it with the thumbs up/down thing (or so it says I am).

 
At 8/1/08 16:47, Blogger RWBB said...

Trust me JB, I don't give a shit about the girl from school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home