Wednesday, December 05, 2007

AVPR

Why didn't anyone tell me there was a new Alien vs. Predator movie? (warning, noisy promotional website) trailer

Christmas Day just got that much better! And I'm pleased to see it's R. The first AVP suffered from its PG-13 rating (but was still, obviously, one of the greatest movies ever made). The actual greatest movie ever made is, without question, the original Predator. I wonder what will ensue in the little Colorado town this chapter takes place in? One can only hope it's shenanigans!



I'm probably the only one who liked AVP. That's ok. I'm used to liking movies no one else does. I also thought The Hulk, and The Postman were good flicks. Yeah, yeah, Costner's a douche, but it has Tom Petty in it, and once you realize it's all about misplaced devotion, it gets alot better. I actually didn't like it that much... I just didn't think it sucked like everyone else did, so I bring it up.

The Hulk was awesome in a subtle way. I think everyone expected a straightforward action flick, and were perplexed when Ang Lee made it into some weird art film. But it was a weird art film with a giant green monster smashing everything in sight! I considered it a respite. And it's not like there isn't plenty of action. Watch the scene where he's fighting the helicopters, and he bites the warhead off a missile, and spits it back at them, and not smile. I dare you.

Snakes on a Plane was good in a silly, up too late kind of way. The scene where the guy puts the snake in the microwave to kill it might be the finest cinematic moment in all of history.



I never "got" The Godfather or The Wizard of Oz. I have tried and failed to watch both movies on several occasions. (obligatory link of Peter describing why he doesn't like The Godfather)

I have made it all the way through The Wiz, but only because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.


And this is what I do instead of studying for finals.

2 Comments:

At 21/12/07 14:26, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Wishing you a great Christmas SS ...
FF

 
At 23/12/07 19:30, Blogger RWBB said...

Thanks FF!! Long time no see!

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home