Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sopranos finale

I had a comment here that I'm taking out because even though it was vague, I don't want to spoil the final show in any way. I watched it clean and if you're going to watch it, so should you.



Originally David Chase wanted the opening sequence to be to The Beatles' Why Don't We Do it in the Road, but they wouldn't agree to let him use it. Here's a mashup showing how it would have gone.

There's probably spoilers in the comments there or something, so don't go complaining to me if you read something you didn't want to.

I put my comments on the final episode in the comments, but this article sums up my feelings, though I wouldn't go as far as the author (spoilers galore).



Just because, here's a pic of the llama in front of the llama that almost trampled me on my trip to Hells Canyon. Did I mention I almost got trampled by a llama?


5 Comments:

At 10/6/07 19:13, Blogger RWBB said...

Ok, I know what he was going for with this non-ending, but I still don't like it.

The guy who went to the bathroom was there to kill Tony and was going to do it when he came out. Or was he just a looky-loo, maybe he recognized Tony from the news? It's open to interpretation. Whatever you want the ending to be is what it is.

It probably sounded great in the script meetings, and I'm sure this gets him kudos from all the "right" artsy fartsy people, but this ending sucks major ass. Grow a pair of balls, David Chase. End the frickin' story.

Of course I still loved the last episode and the point of a story is the journey, not the destination. I should be satisfied though, and instead I'm annoyed.

At least Phil got whacked. I liked the car crushing his skull particularly.

 
At 10/6/07 20:13, Blogger RWBB said...

The comment I took out was "What the HELL??"

 
At 10/6/07 21:36, Blogger RWBB said...

The more I think about it, the more I'm deciding this was a lame cop out of an ending. How disappointing. Yeah, Phil is dead. So what? It just continues? Lame lame lame.

 
At 11/6/07 07:06, Blogger Dave said...

I watched robocop last night. It was on Turner Classic Movies about a month ago and I Tivo'd it. I was a little surprised on how much swearing there was in the movie, because I remember watching it as a kid. Also, even robotic police officers shouldn't be allowed to throw criminals through plate glass.

 
At 11/6/07 15:35, Blogger RWBB said...

You know they had to cut out most of the opening scene where Murphy gets his limbs all hacked and mangled because it was too gross? It would have been the first X rating for violence.

Also, the bad guy is Red Foreman from That 70' Show.

I loved Robocop so much as a kid that I would play it, rewind it, play it, rewind it, and play it again. Yep, three times right in a row.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home