Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy three day weekend!

I'd hate to leave that bummer of a post up top for the whole weekend, so here's some random stuff for your amusement.


I got in a car wreck Thursday. Fortunately everyone is fine, though my poor passenger side door took a helluva beating. I think the other guy was clearly at fault; he thinks I was. Such is life. I'm just glad no one was hurt. It sure put the kibosh on my plans to buy a motorcycle though.


I'm going camping with JB at Hell's Canyon this weekend. It looks amazing. I'll be sure to take a bunch of pictures and I'll put a few of them up here.


This is a really good short story by Issac Asimov, sci-fi legend. It's his own personal favorite, and with good reason. I would give you a hint as to what it's about, but since it's so short, I don't want to give anythying away. Go ye and read. You didn't want to go to that meeting anyway.


This is what most fans would consider the best Grateful Dead bootleg of all time. It got regular play in my car back in the day, though my day was roughly 20 years after this recording was made (I wasn't even born yet). All classics performed flawlessly. Everyone has their own favorite, but I was always partial to Scarlet Begonias (Jerry didn't sing most of the songs, but he pulls this one off beautifully IMO).

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Hell fuckin' yeah!


This is a fascinating story about the inner workings of car dealers. It's long, but worth it. It's a must for anyone planning on buying a car soon.


This video of a water balloon hitting the ground and not busting is surprisingly entertaining. Oh go look anyway, trust me. It's short (~30 sec).


And finally, this is an interesting mashup of Slayton highlights put to a rap about how great West Virginia is. If that means anything to you, it's exactly what it sounds like. You probably don't want to click this one, but you'll find the song amusing if you do. The name of the rapper, the greatest rap name of all time: Profit Money.

Yup. It's that good.


When I was at Enterprise renting a car (that my insurance is paying for) a rail thin girl showed up to return a car. Fascinated by her tininess that definitely wasn't vomit induced (you can just tell sometimes when someone is naturally emaciated), I listened in to her conversation. This isn't any weirder than staring at a hobbit. She discussed the weather report with the guy behind the counter and I couldn't help interjecting that they're always wrong anyway, so just look out the window.

She replied, from her abnormally large mouth, that no way does she trust the media to get the weather right, she goes straight to the mothah effin' gub'mint! And then she mentioned some site that I forget.

Um... what? Granted I'm a complete moron, but that goes against everything my black libertarian heart stands for. The government more trustworthy than private industry that is accountable for its actions? She could be right in this case, since private industry will do whatever garners them the highest profit, and that could induce them to embellish less than threatening weather. It's just not my default. Maybe this is why I don't hit it off with the uber-left girls out here on the west coast.


I shocked the nice wife of a friend of a friend I met randomly by saying I wouldn't be attracted to a woman who believes in astrology. I should have known better than to say something like that in Portland, but it's true. My overriding thought would be, how did I end up with such an idiot? But it's really not that important in the grand scheme of things. Love, loyalty, shared interests: those are what really matter. So in the end, is it really that different than believing in Jesus or aliens? Perhaps, but not by much. Overlookable, surely.

The point is thin sexy girls are insane, especially when they show no interest in me.


Have a great weekend everybody! Don't forget to thank a veteran. And of course, don't forget to snarf on animal carcasses whilst swilling the brew of your choice.

America, fuck yeah!

2 Comments:

At 30/5/07 15:48, Blogger Dave said...

you could have certainly thanked a veteran, but that's supposed to really happen on veteran's day. Monday you were supposed to remember a dead soildier, not a living one.

that Asimov story is one of my favorites.

The last 6 years of government has made me ready and willing for a libertarian style small government. Or at least someone who will do what they said they would to get elected, and not be as much of a fucker as our current good for nothing congress and stubborn stand by his man president.

 
At 30/5/07 21:28, Blogger RWBB said...

You may be right technically, but you can't thank a dead veteran. They won't hear you.


Republicans were supposed to be small government, but they're obviously not. They just say that to get elected. That was the only good aspect of the Republican party... poof!

At least the Dems still have social liberalism.

Just about everyone, when you break down the issues, is most closely described as a libertarian (note the lower case so as not to mean the actual Libertarian Party which is run by ninnies). An efficient government that leaves you alone appeals to just about everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home