Saturday, May 06, 2006

Toothlessness broken down by state

Guess who's number 1. Yep. Where was ya this time, Mississip'?

For those not familiar with West Virginia, we have a special love affair with Mississippi. Whenever there's a state by state list of attributes, like teen pregnancy, or illiteracy, 49 is always WV and 50 is always MS. We love Mississippi because they're always keeping us out of last place. But not this time.

Joke: How do you know the toothbrush was invented in West Virgnina?

Because if it were anywhere else it would be called a "teethbrush".

2 Comments:

At 9/5/06 12:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was stuck deep in Southern WV a few weeks ago when my car broke down along the interstate. It was very "Wrong Turn-esque"; especially when I was towed to the body shop and none of the workers had teeth and there was shit smeared on the wall. I couldn't understand their language- it is very difficult when their words form sort of a spacey whistling through their teeth accented with grunt gurgles. And well for the shit...it was a handprint straight across the wall. Smeared. Smelly. Rotten. I'm still trying to explain the situation to Rhiannon, who keeps asking, "Mom, what was wrong with those people? Are they in the Discovery Channel?"
corthar

 
At 9/5/06 12:29, Blogger RWBB said...

HAHAhahahaha!!!.... Oh god. I'm never sad I left WV.

And Rhiannon may be surprised to learn that yes, they actually are on Discovery (or something similar). I saw a documentary recently on a guy who traveled the revival tent circuit for awhile. But even more appropriate, I saw another documentary that followed your typical family from the 'holler'.

They had to translate appalachian english to normal english with subtitles. The young girl in the family was like, 14 or 15, and was getting married and everyone kept calling her a baby, but it sounded like "buy-buy".

It did not portray my homestate well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home