Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Muhammed on South Park

I assume most of you saw the new South Park tonight. I really hope they actually show the Muhammed cartoon next week. But knowing how Matt and Trey yank their fans around, they may not even have a sequel episode at all.

For those who didn't see it, the premise was that The Family Guy was going to show Muhammed and everyone freaked out. But it was censored at the last second by Fox. So they had a sequel episode and the writers demanded that Fox leave it uncensored. Before they actually showed the uncensored cartoon, the South Park episode ended with comments like "Will television executives stand up for the freedom of speech? Or will Comedy Central puss out?"

Should be interesting. And I didn't ruin the episode by what I said. There's still plenty of funny. The parody of The Family Guy was pretty funny, but those who don't watch it probably won't get the point.

By the way, this won't be breaking any new ground. They've already depicted Muhammed in an episode where all the big religious icons were the super friends. Jesus was having trouble destroying David Blaine so he called up the Super Best Friends.

Aside: does anyone actually like Carlos Mencia?

Aside 2: The cut to credits in the last Sopranos episode was the best ever. Couldn't have been better. I was apprehensive at the start of the season, but now I like where it's going. I can't wait to see what happens next. Can you say a bad moon rising? Yeesh.

Commenters, if you're going to discuss The Sopranos, please give fair warning if you're going to reveal any spoilers/details, because I'm pretty sure there are people reading this who aren't caught up and would like to remain in the dark.

UPDATE: Here's a better analysis of the episode than I gave.

4 Comments:

At 6/4/06 10:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw episode 4 last night. Needless to say my two theories about where the show was going have been nullified. I just hope they don't go all Godfather on me.

 
At 6/4/06 10:13, Blogger RWBB said...

I'm surprised you didn't mention the song in the credits. I was totally pumped when that played.

 
At 6/4/06 12:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah well I watched a bootlegged internet version of it, which cut off about 2 seconds into the credits, so i didn't really get to savor it.

 
At 6/4/06 13:34, Blogger RWBB said...

Oh. That sucks. Well, you can rest assured that it was awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home