Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I am a dumb

Last night I twisted my ankle really badly while shuffling sleepily to the bathroom in the dark. I feel like a total moron. Have you ever choked on your own saliva? That's how dumb I feel right now, own-saliva-chokingly dumb.

I was going to go to the store but I think I'll just hobble around here until tomorrow. This sucks.

Don't forget the season 10 premier of South Park tonight. It's being billed as a "Chef Returns" episode. They've turned new material around in under 6 days before, so this is probably a quickie they dashed off in response to Isaac Hayes leaving. This whole Chef/Scientology kerfuffle sure was coincidentally timed wasn't it?

UPDATE: That was a pretty good episode, what with the blatant splicing together of old Chef quotes and equating Scientology with a silly little club that brainwashed him. I thought they gave Isaac Hayes a decent and respectful sendoff, insofar as Matt and Trey will ever do so.

I wonder if Darth Chef will ever return in later episodes?

UPDATE 2: The beeb comments. You might be asking yourself how I can characterize their treatment of Chef as "respectful" when they turned him into a pedophile and then had him eaten by a lion and a bear. I'm talking about Kyle's statement at the funeral (ripped from the BBC article):

"A lot of us don't agree with the choices the Chef has made in the last few days.

"Some of us feel hurt and confused that he seemed to turn his back on us.

"But we can't let the events of the past few weeks take away the memories of how Chef made us smile."


They seem to be saying they still like him even though he's acting like a baby.

UPDATE 3: Yep, the ratings were really good.

1 Comments:

At 22/3/06 15:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depending on the contract, it'd be pretty easy to dub in old recordings of hayes voice into new episodes of the show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home