Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Elephants and women

Instinct tells one they'd make a wonderful combination, but no:

Woman Enters Exhibit, Elephant Smacks Her

WACO, Texas — A 25-year-old woman climbed past barriers and into an elephant's zoo exhibit, then crawled out with minor injuries after the 6,000-pound animal smacked her with its trunk.

"That's how an elephant reacts to something they would perceive as a threat," said Cameron Park Zoo director Jim Fleshman.

After saying she wanted to play with the elephant, the woman climbed over a 3-feet-high wood-and-wire fence, scaled an 8-foot-tall artificial rock structure and bypassed an electric wire before jumping into the exhibit Thursday afternoon, Fleshman said. A moat extends around most of the exhibit.

...


[emphasis added] Let me guess, her name is something like Moonbeam or Flowerchild and she was under the effects of something. Alas, the article doesn't mention her name, but this slapping incident exposes another way in which women and elephants share many inherited traits.

Haha, am I right guys? Guys?

4 Comments:

At 8/3/06 22:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do elephants also make shit up to suit their own version of reality? 'Cause I checked, and of the three tapes that elephant made me, none had a Ministry song on them.

I think I need to catch up on sleep.

 
At 9/3/06 02:36, Blogger RWBB said...

(what, 10:30pm counts as late?)

I'll bet they do. I'll also bet that elephants are really cool when you meet them but once it looks like you're going to stay with them forever, they suddenly discover several things you need to change about yourself without admitting to any of their own faults.

Plus they both have graveyards, so ya know, the similarities are just piling up here.

 
At 15/3/06 12:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your senses of humor are obviously lost on me, as i sincerely don't understand being the object of this joke.

if you honestly are gentlemen of any sort and have any shred of decency you will enlighten me to as how a woman getting hit by an elephant trunk has any resemblance to me making a mixed tape with ministry on it.

really lost on this one, guys.

and jb, i did make you a tape with it on there. however, i must admit i'm flattered that you saved three of them.
-corthar

 
At 15/3/06 12:52, Blogger RWBB said...

I'm sorry, but you're expecting us to make sense?

Sounds like a puffin joke to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home