Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Confession time

When I was a kid me and JB used to make alot of prank calls (the United Cerebral Palsy Fund? That one got mentioned on the news once, that there were scammers collecting money for it). There's not alot to do in West Virginia, so in moments of sheer boredom I made a few on my own. It took until the ripe old age of around 10 before I figured out why ordering 4 large pizzas with extra anchovies to someone just got a call back from Dominos and angry parents.

Do you remember the old school Miracle Ear commercials? They would have some old guy not hearing shit in a restaurant and then it would break to a "newslady" "reporting" for the "Hearing Aid News" or something, who introduced the product. Then the old guy could hear.

Well, I used to call the 1-800 number and then whatever they said to me my response was, "Huh? What? Sorry, I can't hear you, you'll have to speak up." and so forth. I still laugh about that.

So I want you all to think real hard about your best prank calls and leave them in the comments. JB and RCR have to be remembering some I'm forgetting. Garlic was probably too distracted by the fast paced Indiana lifestyle to do such things.

Incidentally, RCR got me hooked on Aqua Teen Hunger Force and now I have to watch any new episode I see on. You shall pay for this, RCR. As soon as I stop giggling and being reminded of 10 year old boy humor, which should be sometime this side of 2025.

2 Comments:

At 22/2/06 17:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember any intentional prank calls. However, when I was little I used to call 911 all the time. Not because there was anything bad going on, but because it was the only phone number I knew.

-- garlic

 
At 23/2/06 10:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"hi this is Bob from Frank's interior decorating, just calling to verify that we will be there at 6 AM sharp tomorrow to begin the renovation of your kitchen." (answering machine only)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home