Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic hockey

It's my blog and I don't really care if none of you give a crap.

Down 2 to 1, the US women tied it up 3-3 to go into the 3rd and then broke out with a late 3rd period flurry to blast Finland 7-3. If you saw this period and didn't find it exciting then there's no hope for you. Since we ran the table in our division and Canada in theirs, we face an outmatched Sweden Friday in our semifinal match while Canada will destroy Finland in theirs. I still expect to see the US vs Canada in the gold medal match on Monday.

There's plenty of other hockey to be had in the meantime though! So you can just go ahead and turn that frown upside down, Mister! Now that women's hockey is wrapping up, men's hockey, or in layman's terms "real hockey", is starting. The US plays Latvia tomorrow at noon Seattle time. This will be worth some bragging rights between me and my old Chicago buddy, The Crazy Latvian. He has been informed that the honor of his people is at stake.

There are 6 games tomorrow, so there's tons of hockey to see. Kazakhstan has a team.

Right now there's women's curling going on in the background. The action is nonstop! Our curlers are pretty hot but ironically the sound is the best part. Sorry any Japanese people, but Japanese women emphatically screaming instructions to each other is funny. There, I said it.

I don't know the rules of curling, but it appears to be gigantic frozen shuffleboard. Eh. It may be less aesthetically pleasing than figure skating, but it's still more entertaining.

3 Comments:

At 14/2/06 19:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched an hour and a half of mens curling last night. It was pretty awesome. I also don't have much idea what they're doing, but who can argue against throwing rocks into other rocks as an olympic sport?

-- garlic

 
At 15/2/06 13:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Snore] Wuh? Oh, olympic hockey. Wake me up when something more interesting is on, like one of those emergency broadcast tests.

 
At 15/2/06 14:57, Blogger RWBB said...

Sorry RCR, I'm fresh out of Valtrex links and other things relevant to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home