Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Seattle has a bad reputation/pool talk

Just look at this insulting Super Bowl pic. Seattle's image needs help.

This reminds me of a question I wanted to put to you guys. Is it ok to use the bridge in pool? I was playing a game against some dudes at D&H (Dexter and Hayes, the local bar which apparently is the central site of all my social interaction). This guy kept using the bridge and I made fun of him for playing by "Seattle rules". I was told this was normal.

Now I don't know about you guys, but in my mind using the bridge while playing pool is akin to purchasing an entire outfit to match your new purse. I barely won the game (I'm not very good) but I kept thinking "what a pansy!" the entire time.

Since we don't want to do away with the one-foot-on-the-floor rule, only if you simply physically cannot reach the shot should you be allowed to use the bridge. And I want to see you try behind the back first. I want to see you lean way over the table and give it a good effort (especially if you're a woman). None of that using the bridge all the time just to get a better shot. Use it to get a shot at all.

5 Comments:

At 9/2/06 13:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can only use the bridge if your vagina is very, very sore from the pounding you took last night. Seriously, though, I would never use it unless I had a lot of money riding on the game and I thought the bridge would really help. And maybe not even then. Most DC bars don't even have bridges for the pool table.

 
At 9/2/06 18:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

back in the day we used to call the pool bridge a "ladies' helper". then i would proceed to lose to some girl, as I botched my shots trying to go left handed or behind my back.

in my opinion it is comparable to using that round piece of foam that goes around the barbell when you do squats. except i still usually suck it up and use that thing, whereas I refuse to use the ladies helper.

 
At 9/2/06 18:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we called that piece of foam a "pussy pad" by the way

 
At 10/2/06 06:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kids can use it too. My dad has a pool table that when it wasn't acting as a regular table my brother and I would use. Instead of scratching the hell out of the table my dad wanted us to use the bridge. But he also taught us how to really hold the pool queue pretty quick too.

-- garlic

 
At 10/2/06 07:15, Blogger RWBB said...

Joe: Heh, heh... I'm just laughing at the idea of you in the weightroom with a bunch of huge jocks.

Garlic: yeah, I think kids can be excepted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home